Welcome to the Altavista Area YMCA located in Altavista, Virginia. The Y in Altavista was founded in 1971 making Altavista the smallest community in America to have a full facility YMCA. Today the YMCA encompasses almost three city blocks and over 65,000 square feet valued at over $6 million dollars. The physical complex consists of the Family Center built in 1972 and the Athletic Center built in 1994.
Athletic Center - Gymnasium, Wellness Center, child watch, indoor track, group exercise room, locker rooms, conference room, multi-purpose room and administrative offices. Google Map and Directions. Rental Information
Family Center - Junior Olympic swimming pool, child care facilities for children 16 months - seventh graders, HAGS playground and Premier tennis courts. Download Rental Information
The major programming areas of the Altavista Area YMCA are; Child Care, Fitness, Wellness, Sports, Aquatics, Seniors and the Altavista Arts Council
Putting Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
- Learn to Lift Seminar: Concentrating on Bench, Squat, and Deadlift,Saturday, February 21, 1-4 pm. Dr. Don Reagan and Derrick Simpson.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Courses. Session I: Register by March 19, Session II register by April 16, Session III Recertification by May 15.
- Aquatic Director, Lori Francis, has updated the Fall/Winter swim lesson schedule.Schedule Download
- Maria McCracken announces the Winter Group Exercise Scheduole. Schedule Download
- The 2014-15 Current Support Campaign is underway. Please consider a generous donation to the YMCA.
718 7th St.,
Altavista, VA 24517 - MAP
For more information, please visit our contact page